BillyGoat Entertainment Ltd
Based in Belfast, Northern Ireland
Dec 14 2016/ May 4 2017
'Her Majesty's SPIFFING: The Empire Staggers Back' is a quaint graphic adventure game following the exploits of Captain Frank Lee English and his trusted regional accented colleague, Aled, as they travel through the cosmos in search of new planets to claim for the British Empire.
In the wake of political developments during the summer of 2016 and the events that followed, Britain found itself increasingly isolated from global society. Frustrated by the demise of this once great nation Her Majesty the Queen concluded that the elected representatives at Westminster were no longer fit to govern her United Kingdom. Having dissolved parliament, returning the United Kingdom to an autocratic government, improvements were immediate and wide ranging. However, ever the pragmatist, Her Majesty concluded that, given the complications Britain was facing returning to a position of power on earth, perhaps it was time to focus her attention on the stars... Assuming command of the near futuristic space ship HMSS Imperialise and her crew (distinguished veteran and gentleman Captain Frank Lee English and Aled, his mild mannered South Walean colleague) YOU will venture into the cosmos, solving puzzles, engaging in witty banter, deal with crippling claustrophobia, gradually succumb to the sustained exposure of cosmic radiation and so on, all for Queen and Country. Heck, along the way, you may stumble into a few other folks venturing about the cosmos with their own intergalactic aspirations… *SPOILERS FOLLOW* You will stumble into a few other folks venturing about the cosmos with their own intergalactic aspirations.
- A very amusing story featuring characters with excellent diction.
- Beautifully rendered, stylised 3D graphics.
- Classic adventure game gameplay with modern, intuitive controls.
- Satisfying puzzles.
- Serves as a cultural introduction to the tea drinking habits of citizens of the United Kingdom.
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Creativity Award: Winner" IndieDB Editors Choice Awards, December 2016
- "… its greatest strengths are a witty script and a wry political edge… it is the court jester speaking truth to power. ★★★★"
- Matt Kamen, The Guardian
- "…oozes British tongue-in-cheek charm, sarcasm and a whole lot of tea."
- Sam Loveridge, Digital Spy
- "Those who love narrative-based adventures like Telltale Games' fare will feel at home with Her Majesty's Spiffing."
- Alexa Ray Corriea, Gamespot
- "This is a game that wears its heart – as well as it’s influences – on its sleeve, and will charm you throughout. 4.5/5"
- Jordan Oloman, Twinfinite
Request Press Copy
We are afraid this developer has not upgraded their presskit() to use distribute(). For security purposes, this form has been disabled.
Kickstarter Production Blog
Kickstarter production blog can be found at: kickstarter.com.
About BillyGoat Entertainment Ltd
BillyGoat Entertainment Ltd is a video game developer based in sunny Belfast, Northern Ireland. Established in 2010 ‘The Goat’ specialises in crafting jovial, lighthearted, comedic experiences, currently developing for consoles and PC.
More information on BillyGoat Entertainment Ltd, logo & relevant media are available here.
Her Majesty’s SPIFFING Credits